HEADER - Web

Home About Me Tutorials Recipes Grab a Button Contact Shop Image Map

Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Better Than Tollhouse Cookies


Everyone loves chocolate chip cookies! This recipe is not only super simple, but also some of the best cookies you will ever eat. Promise. I love my cookies just golden brown on the outside and super squishy, gooey on the inside! Do I have your mouth watering yet? Read on! 

Shout out to my awesome Mom for giving me this recipe, who got it from her awesome friend way back in the day! That right there should PROVE that this recipe is a must have for your recipe collection. It stands the test of time! :) This recipe is definitely a go to in our house and is the only chocolate (and white chocolate!) chip cookie recipe I make. 

Now, preheat your oven to 375° and follow these simple instructions :)

Ingredients:

- 2/3 cup Shortening
- 2/3 cup Butter (soft)
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1 cup Brown Sugar
- 2 Eggs

- 2 teaspoons Vanilla
- 3 1/2 cups Flour
- 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 12 ounces Chocolate (or White Chocolate) Chips

Directions:

1. Combine shortening, butter, sugar, brown sugar, and eggs in mixing bowl. If you notice this if the first section of the ingredients list (the space wasn't a typo, I did that to make your life easier!). Mix until all ingredients are well blended. I use my handy dandy Kitchen Aid to mix everything. However I have mixed everything by hand before!

2. Add in your vanilla, flour, baking soda, and salt. Mix until all ingredients are well blended. If you are using a Kitchen Aid you may want to cover the bowl with a towel so you don't get flour all over you!

3. Add in your chocolate chips (or white chocolate!). Notice how I keep adding in white chocolate chips? That is Tom's favorite way I make them. I am a sucker for the real chocolate, but both ways are yummy! Mix super well.

4. Roll into balls and place on a non-greased baking pan. Bake for 8-10 minutes (9 is perfect in my oven) or until cookies are a light golden brown. 


I would say this recipe makes about three dozen cookies. That is if you don't eat all the cookie dough first.. Enjoy your cookies and get ready for everyone to bombard you for the recipe! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment