HEADER - Web

Home About Me Tutorials Recipes Grab a Button Contact Shop Image Map

Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Easy Thumbprint Cookies


Did your hubby forget to mention you need to bring a dessert to that Christmas party you are supposed to go to tonight? Or do you have some unexpected holiday guests that just arrived? I'm here to save your day with my easy, no fuss Thumbprint Cookie recipe. 

The great thing about this recipe is you only need seven ingredients, and chances are you already have everything you need! Bonus for not being forced to run to the store in your PJ's for that last cup of shortening.. not that I have ever had to do that of course. ;)

I fill my cookies with jam or jelly, but they could easily be filled with caramel, Nutella, a Hershey Kiss, really just about anything! Obviously it is your preference, I just stick with jam because I love it and typically always have some on hand. Ready for the recipe that is about to make your life a little easier?

Preheat your oven to 375° and follow these simple instructions :)

Ingredients:

- 2 cups Flour
- 3/4 cups Powdered Sugar 
- 1 Egg
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla
- 1 cup Butter (soft)
- small amount of Granulated Sugar
- filling of your choice 

Directions:

1. Combine flour, powdered sugar, egg, vanilla, and butter. Mix well.

2. Roll into balls and place on non-greased cookie sheet. 

3. Sprinkle granulated sugar on top of cookie dough balls and use the bottom of a cup dipped in granulated sugar to flatten the dough balls. 


4. Use your thumb to make indents in the cookies. 


5. Fill cookies with the filling of your choice. I used raspberry and strawberry jam. 


6. Bake for 8-10 minutes (9 is perfect in my oven). 

I would say this recipe makes about three dozen cookies, but it really just depends on the size you make your cookie dough balls. From my experience, making a double batch of this recipe never hurts! They are real crowd pleasers and it is always nice to be left with extras for yourself. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment