HEADER - Web

Home About Me Tutorials Recipes Grab a Button Contact Shop Image Map

Friday, June 21, 2013

Balsamic and Basil Marinated Chicken



Tom requested I make chicken with basil. Ok really broad suggestion right? So I went of a search for a yummy basil chicken recipe. I stumbled across a balsamic, garlic and basil chicken breast recipe from For the Love of Cooking. If you have never checked out her blog before, you should. I got hungry looking at all her recipes! Back to the marinade, I followed her recipe very closely, but I used pesto instead of basil (because our herb garden has not produced enough basil yet). Here is my version of her recipe!

Ingredients:

- 1/4 cup of olive oil
- 1/2 cup of balsamic vinegar
- 2 cloves of minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon pesto
- To taste sea salt and cracked pepper
- 4 chicken breasts

Directions:

1. In a gallon sized zip lock bag, combine the olive olive, balsamic vinegar, minced garlic (we buy garlic already minces because we use it so often), pesto (we had recently bought some from Costco just to try, it isn't as good as my homemade recipe, but it is still pretty good), sea salt and cracked pepper. Mix, and add the chicken breasts. 

2. Marinate in the fridge for 24 hours. For the Love of Cooking suggested 2-24, but we feel the longer it marinated the better. :) 

3. Heat your grill of high. Place the chicken on the grill and cook until the juices run clear. 

We served our chicken with some corn and a salad. It was super delicious! We will definitely be making this again! 

No comments:

Post a Comment