HEADER - Web

Home About Me Tutorials Recipes Grab a Button Contact Shop Image Map

Friday, November 8, 2013

Crock Pot Chicken Taco Chili


Let me begin by saying I LOVE my crock pot! It is seriously the best invention ever! I am always on the lookout for amazing recipes to try out because let's face it, crock pots are just so darn handy.

I originally found this recipe off of Skinny Taste. As you can probably guess I changed it up, and it is to die for yummy! Honestly this is probably my favorite crock pot meal. Here's the recipe for 10 servings. 

Ingredients:

- 2 10 ounce cans of diced tomatoes and green chilies
- 15 ounce can of tomato sauce
- 15 ounce can of corn
- 15 ounce can of kidney beans
- 15 ounce can of black beans
- 1 onion, chopped
- About 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 3 tablespoons taco seasoning (warning: some taco seasonings are spicier than others!)
- 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, precooked and shredded
- Fresh cilantro, chopped
- Cheese of your choosing

Directions:

1. In your crock pot combine: tomatoes and green chilies, tomato sauce, corn, beans, onion, chili powder, and taco seasoning. Add the precooked, shredded chicken on top, do not stir in. I have used both precooked and uncooked chicken, and I think precooked comes out better. I usually just whip up a bunch of chicken over the weekend to use in recipes throughout the week. :)

2. Cover and cook on low for 10 hours or on high for 6 hours. 

*If using uncooked chicken: half an hour before serving, remove the chicken from the crock pot, shred, and return to pot. As a side note, I used uncooked chicken once and it actually came out drier and not as flavorful. I suggest using pre-cooked chicken, but to each his (or her) own! 

3. Top chili with fresh cilantro and cheese! 

If it sounds easy, that's because IT IS!! This is a great dish for when guests come over. It has been a real crowd pleaser in our house, and has saved me from cooking elaborate meals! Pairs perfectly with corn bread as well! I am planning on making this with leftover Thanksgiving turkey this year. I feel like it will be SUPER yummy!

What is your favorite crock pot recipe?? Be sure to share it in the comments below! :)

1 comment:

  1. Looks like we both craved chili/taco soup this week. Yours looks yummy too! I'll have to try this one next time.

    ReplyDelete